Many classic memes were recently auctioned off for big bucks by their owners as NFTs. But how do you determine meme ownership? Don Caldwell and his team from Know Your Meme from been using their extensive knowledge of meme history to thwart NFT fraud. This is how they do it.
Still haven’t subscribed to WIRED on YouTube? ►► http://wrd.cm/15fP7B7
Listen to the Get WIRED podcast ►► https://link.chtbl.com/wired-ytc-desc
Want more WIRED? Get the magazine ►► https://subscribe.wired.com/subscribe/splits/wired/WIR_YouTube?source=EDT_WIR_YouTube_0_Video_Description_ZZ
Get more incredible stories on science and tech with our daily newsletter: https://wrd.cm/DailyYT
Also, check out the free WIRED channel on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.
WIRED is where tomorrow is realized. Through thought-provoking stories and videos, WIRED explores the future of business, innovation, and culture.
- Elijah Wood Explores His Impact on the Internet | Data of Me | WIRED
- Blockchain Expert Explains One Concept in 5 Levels of Difficulty | WIRED
- How Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales is Fighting Fake News
- Why Metaverse Real Estate Is Selling For Millions – Cheddar Explains
- McKayla Maroney Selling ‘Not Impressed’ NFT, Expects To Rake In 7 Figures | TMZ Sports