We have moved our channel and videos about NFT legal issues to “The NFT Lawyer” YouTube Channel found here.
Most NFT enthusiasts, whether creators, investors or patrons, don’t understand what they are buying, or selling. Don’t worry, we have the answers to your legal questions. Tech attorney Enrico Schaefer illustrates one major contract risk for all parties. Enrico shares his take in this video:
“An NFT to too often a smart contract without the most basic contract terms. The NFT marketplaces like Rarible and OpenSea need to program the license terms for the digital art in user flow for creating the NFT before placing it on the block. The smart contract embedded in the metadata should include its most basic license terms for the digital works, or at least link to creative commons style options for use by its users.”
Learn what you need to know before selling an NFT, or buying an NFT. Due diligence is great, But only if you know what you are looking for. Welcome to the strange world of NFT’s, where the minting of tokens is minting millionaire artists. Tokens that track ownership, revenue splits, and transfers onto the immutable ethereum block are the latest crypto-craze. Like most new emerging tech, the software comes first, and the lawyers will soon start clean-up on the legalities and important legal issues.
- How To Trademark Your NFT Project Name! Don’t Get Shut Down Later…
- NFT Infringement is Rampant! How To Stop NFT Copycats & Copyright infringers. (Ep. 8)
- Deploy ERC-721 NFT Smart Contract That ACCEPTS MANY ERC-20 CRYPTO TOKENS AS PAYMENT TO MINT !!! 🤩🤑🤑
- Considering an NFT Drop? NFT Lawyer Enrico Schaefer Warns About Trademark & Copyright Legal Issues.
- HOW TO MINT NFT, NFT MARKETPLACE DEPOLYMENT, NFT WEBSITE PART1