The man who bought an NFT of Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey’s first tweet is trying to sell it. He purchased it for $2.9 million, but the resale auction initially closed with a top bid of just $280. CBS News tech reporter Dan Patterson explains why the value is dropping and what this says about the NFT market.
CBS News Streaming Network is the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service from CBS News and Stations, available free to everyone with access to the Internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is your destination for breaking news, live events and original reporting locally, nationally and around the globe. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available live in 91 countries and on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as on CBSNews.com and Paramount+.
Subscribe to the CBS News YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/cbsnews
Watch CBS News: https://cbsn.ws/1PlLpZ7c
Download the CBS News app: https://cbsn.ws/1Xb1WC8
Follow CBS News on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cbsnews/
Like CBS News on Facebook: https://facebook.com/cbsnews
Follow CBS News on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cbsnews
Subscribe to our newsletters: https://cbsn.ws/1RqHw7T
Try Paramount+ free: https://bit.ly/2OiW1kZ
For video licensing inquiries, contact: [email protected]
- Hackers steal $360,000 in NFTs, raising ongoing security concerns
- 3 former Minneapolis officers found guilty of violating George Floyd’s civil rights | local coverage
- Sports NFTs expected to generate $2 billion in 2022
- Crypto enthusiasts burn and digitize Banksy artwork
- NFTs and the Metaverse: The internet enters a new phase